Wimbledon International Short Film Festival
2021 Wimbledon International Short Film Festival (Wimbledon Shorts) Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Entrants must be 16 years old or over at the time of submission.
2. Entries must be no more than 15 minutes in duration including title sequences and credits.
3. Films must be the original work of the entrants and must have been completed no earlier than 31 October 2019.
4. Wimbledon Shorts does not accept films promoting a product or company.
5. Entrants must have obtained clearance for all copyrighted music and other copyrighted material used in their films entries.
6. Written permission must have been obtained from all the people actively appearing in the film. This is usually done by way of a release form.
7. Any subtitles must be embedded in the film.
8. Entries should be submitted electronically only via FilmFreeway.
9. Entries from filmmakers who are nationals of medium or low-income countries as listed in UNDP’s 2020 HDI report can be submitted without a fee. Eligible no-fee film entries should be submitted by 1 March 2021 and comply with all other WISFF entry rules.
10. To be considered for the 2021 competition entries must be received by the final deadline of 19 July 2021.
11. Your status on FilmFreeway will acknowledge the receipt of your submission.
12. Filmmakers whose work has been selected will receive notification by email by 27 August 2021.
13. A list of selected films will also be posted on the Wimbledon Shorts website in September 2021.
14. Wimbledon Shorts reserves the right to refuse entry for any reason at its absolute discretion.
15. The decision of the judges is final. Neither correspondence nor discussion concerning any decision will be entered in to.
16. The Wimbledon Film Club Prize for Best International Film and Best UK Film is £250 sterling each. The prizes will be given in the form of a UK bank cheque. Any transfer or currency exchange charges or other associated costs are the responsibility of the recipient.
17. The entry is made at the entrant’s own expense and Wimbledon Shorts shall not be liable for reimbursing any expenses incurred in making an entry.
18. Wimbledon Shorts and associated parties accept no responsibility for any misuse of intellectual property rights.
19. Wimbledon Shorts has the right to use images and a maximum of 60 seconds from selected films for promotional or festival screenings or on the Wimbledon Film Club or Wimbledon Shorts websites or for press or media purposes. Occasionally WISFF may wish to screen a selected film outside of the festival, in all instances permission will be sought from the filmmaker in advance.
20. Wimbledon Shorts has the right to use the film for its archive film library for viewing by other film festivals and organisations. Films will not be made publicly available.